LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB RAW device working on VISA IC but not on labview

Hi everyone,

I have my USB RAW device working on VISA IC but I am not being able to make it work on LabView. It is a USB Raw device so I created the .inf file initially and it was working just fine for several weeks. One day MAX crashed and did not recognise my device any more. So I recreated the .inf file and it is now shown under NI VISA USB device but it does not work on labview. I am stuck. Please help because I do not know other way to communicate with my device. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,953 Views)
What's the device? Usually, creating an inf file is wrong and just disables the driver that should be provided by the vendor. How did it appear in Windows device manager before you created the VISA driver? How does it appear now?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,934 Views)

Hi Dennis,

It is a weigh balance from Fairbanks. When I did not create the .inf file it appeared as an Human Interface Device and after creating the .inf file it appears as NI VISA USB Device. And it is working fine on VISAIC. Earlier I thought it was NI VISA that I had the problem with but since it works on VISAIC I do not know where the problem is. And when I open Labview, sometimes, it is listed under VISA Resource and most of the time it is not. I try to choose the VISA Resource from drop down or try to type in the Resoruce name, then LabVIew freezes. I even tried another USB cable but same problem. Is it the device ? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,922 Views)

Also, Labview does not freeze or crash when I plug in other devices (serial) it is only when I plug in this device. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,918 Views)
You should leave HID devices as they are. Windows does not like when you override the default driver.

It is irrelevant that devices that are supposed to show up as serial devices actually show up that way. You are making a device that is supposed to use the Windows driver use something else entirely.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,912 Views)

I did not create .inf file for serial devices. Serial devices are working fine. They do not cause problem to Labview when I plug them in. 

What I meant was I created .inf file for my HID device (because it did not come with any driver) and I had to communicate with it. This HID device is the one which is causing the problem. 

Is there any other way to communicate with this HID device without labview? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,907 Views)
The hid driver comes with Windows. You can call the driver in LabVIEW or any other programming language you want.

You keep mentioning serial devices but as I said, they are irrelevant.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,889 Views)