LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Camera Acquisition Frame Rate

I am using a Macally Icecam2 USB 2.0 Video Web Camera to acquire images to an AVI file. The camera is rated up to 30 fps, but I can only acquire frames around an unstable 19 fps (with Video Mode 352x288 or smaller). I'm running this on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop and my code is attached. I've tried changing the Video Mode of the camera in NI MAX, but I'm still unable to get a consistent frame rate and I can't get closer to 30 fps. Is there a way to specify the acquisition rate within the labview program? I'm also open to instead recording individual image files rather than AVI, but I want to get as high a frame rate as possible. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,703 Views)

Hello Kristi_O,

I replied to your post in our Machine Vision board, so please look for my response there. And please try to prevent posting the same questions in multiple forum sections. We monitor these forum posts based on our personal expertise and you’ll receive the best support by posting on the appropriate board.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,651 Views)

I apologize; after I posted here I realized I should have posted this on a more specific board and I thought I would be able to delete this post later. I'll make sure to be more careful next time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,594 Views)