LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6501 DRIVERS

Hello,

I have a problem with the drivers when I am using the device USB-6501. I need to get a program, where I can configure some ports as inputs, others as outputs and one of them as a counter. I have found two very useful examples. One is the ‘Count digital events’ that appears on the list of examples and the other one is ‘USB 6501 Interactive Control’. However, to use the first one I need to have installed NI-DAQmx whereas to use the second one I need NI-DAQmx Base. I can switch between them but the problem is that I can only run one of the programs each time. I would like to put everything together in another program, but how can I do it?

I would appreciate any suggestion. Thanks in advance

Vicente

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,089 Views)
The interactive control example is hardly the only example for digital I/O. The Write Dig Chan and Write Dig Port shipping examples (Help>Find Examples) can be used and you also have the DAQ Assistant. You could also replace all of the DAQmx base functions in the example with DAQmx functions. For example, replace the DAQmx base Write with DAQmx Write.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,081 Views)

Hi Dennis,

Many thanks for the suggestion, but I have tried to do it now and I have realized that some fields of some Sub-VIs don't match exactly. I can't run the program at the moment. Is it possible to find one of these examples using the other drivers? I mean 'USB 6501 Interactive Control' with NI-DAQmx or the events counter with NI-DAQmx Base.

Best wishes

Vicente

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,078 Views)

It is simply not true that the fields for some of the subVIs don't match exactly. Here's the subVI. It took me about one minute to do this. I also don't understand why you don't simply use one of the shipping examples I mentioned.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 10-25-2007 08:18 AM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,068 Views)

Hi,

Sorry, but I can’t open your Sub-VI because it’s a newer version, can you save it again in version 8.0, please? I tried to do what you told me but I attach you what I got. I can’t wire the array to the ‘Writing Function’ and why isn’t your error in in pink?

Many thanks

Vicente

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,056 Views)
You did not use the correct functions for the replacements for the DAQmx Create Channel, the DAQmx Read, or the DAQmx Write. Simply click on the polymorphic selector below the icon to make them match the picture I attached. You need the first Create Channel to be Digital Output, the first DAQmx Write to be Digital 1D U8 Nchan 1Samp, the second DAQmx Create Channel to be Digital Input, and the DAQmxRead to be Digital 1D U8 NChan 1Samp. I would again suggest that you look at the shipping examples I mentioned. The exact same code is in there.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,050 Views)

Hey,

I need the SubVI 6501.UpdateDIO.vi for the LabVIEW-Version 7.1. Does anybody have it and can post it?

thanks

liku

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,602 Views)