LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6008 and Windows Vista

Are there any compatability issues I should be aware of if I switch from XP to Vista?

I am primarily running the DAQ with the VI Logger program that came with it (v2.0.1).

Thanks

Kevin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,549 Views)
If you had done a quick search of the forum for Vista, you would find out that NI has not released any of it's hardware drivers for Vista yet. You won't be able to use your 6008 until then and you install the new ones on Vista. I don't know if the VI Logger will also require an update.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,545 Views)
I read the link about the driver release, however that doesn't really answer the question about whether or not an older version of driver will work with a new OS.  For example, I have had applications/ hardware that worked fine going from 2000 to XP.  I was hoping for the same for XP to Vista.  Apparently you are saying that I shouldn't expect it to work at all and I will need to wait for the appropriate driver to come out.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,532 Views)
Vista is a whole new beast. The information at http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5539 is pretty clear that every driver and installer has to be re-written.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,525 Views)