LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6001 and Labview 8.6.1

Hii guys,

We have a  Testsystem in Production , with  Windows XP  with labview 8.6.1   ( we cannot update the labview Version as some H/W is only compatible with 8.6.1)

also for DAQMx  we use the 4.3 Version (which I can update )

We have a need to add a few DIO tests & have NI USB 6001  as H/W.  The USB 6001 is not compatible, it does not show in the MAX.

I am updating the DAQmx to version 9.5.1  which according to this chart http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B0D5630C0A50D5C6862578E800459248  is the latest for 8.6.1

is there a quick fix  or workaround for this Issue !!

do I need an additional driver for the USB-6001

regards

Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,136 Views)

The manual for the USB-6001 states that the device is only supported by DAQmx 9.9 and later. I don't know what happens if you update the DAQmx to that version, I guess it isn't compatible with the 8.6 executable so your old application would stop working?

It might be possible for you to create an executable using a newer version of LabVIEW (and newer version of DAQmx) which uses the 6001 and sends the data to/from the older application (e.g. via TCP/UDP?) but it depends on whether or not updating the DAQmx driver would cause your older program to stop working.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,130 Views)

Thanks Sam,

I also contacted NI , they suggested that   USB 6008 might help with the 8.6.1 LV Ver.

The Issue is its a Production System & I cant  fiddle   with it   atleast not outside safe limits. (higher driver ver)

may be I try with 6008  or other older H/W.

regards

Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,116 Views)

Yes - you should be fine with the 6008 as it's older hardware.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,094 Views)