From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI design

As we all known that the UI is often the “cover” to our book –the crucial first impression. But  how to design an excellent UI really bothers me. So here, I want to ask are there some good books , BBS or  Blogs providing the UI design skills and examples??Please recommend toUI  me if you know,  thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,343 Views)

A discussion was recently started here. Good information to start.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 2 of 16
(3,336 Views)

UI Interest Group has also interesting information and examples

Message 3 of 16
(3,282 Views)

I doubt you will get perfect answer from anywhere becasue requirement varies from person to person. You definately will get reference

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
Message 4 of 16
(3,252 Views)

Thank you. I have read all the documents on the UI Interest Group.  I think it's helpful. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,237 Views)

I have read the information of the discussion, It's helpful. But what I really need is some Measurement and Control UI design documents. Do you have some to recommend?

I must say sorry to all of you that I didn't express my need clearly.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,227 Views)

What is your requirement actually? What you measuring and controlling. I will try to share the doc accordingly.

Also check in forum, you will get something helpful

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
Message 7 of 16
(3,219 Views)

I am now programming a DAQ sysytem. I have nearly finished  the functions including acquisition, storage, processing and display.  But I really have no idea how to design an excellent UI which is so important  to a  program.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,211 Views)
A Start button and an aquisition graph is all you need. Settings and stuff should be menu options.
If the display of the processing requires showing you can use a 2-slot tab control with the actiosition on one and the result on the other.
Keep it as simple as possible.
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 9 of 16
(3,187 Views)
Also, small things like coloring indicators can do alot, bit keep it subtle.
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,204 Views)