LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP wont read

Dear Labview experts,

I am always getting the error 1(invalid input parameter) whenever using UDP read function in my PC. I have tried using the UDP examples(UDp multicast sender and receiver) that came together with Labview but to no avail. My pc contains two network cards. Is that the reason why UDp read is not working. For other PCs with one network card, this is not a problem. UDp read works perfectly. Pls help. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,000 Views)

Did you wire the net address of the desired network card for "UDP open" or "UDP mulitcast open", resp.?

What is your LabVIEW version?

Message Edited by altenbach on 03-05-2009 02:36 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,997 Views)
labview 8.6. I'll get back to you with the net address..
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,978 Views)

altenbach wrote:

Did you wire the net address of the desired network card for "UDP open" or "UDP mulitcast open", resp.?

What is your LabVIEW version?

Message Edited by altenbach on 03-05-2009 02:36 AM

tried that but in vain.

Posing my VI for some help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,963 Views)

Well, looking at you image you did NOT wire the "net address" input. If you did, were you using the correct local net address?

Could you attach your VI instead of a image. It is much easier to troubleshoot a VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,946 Views)

Here's the VI.

By the way, how do I check if UDP is properly implemented in a PC?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,925 Views)

Why do you refuse th wire the "net address" input?? It is crucial if you have multiple interfaces!

To get ALL local interfaces, configure string-to-IP for multiple outputs (right-click...). Now pick the desired interface and wire it to the net address input as shown. See if things improve. 😉 (no guarantees).

If the PC can access the network, changes are that UDP works. You still might need to adjust firewall settings to allow incoming connections.

Message Edited by altenbach on 03-08-2009 11:59 AM
Message 7 of 12
(3,911 Views)

It does not help. I still get the same error. Can any one solve this problem. It's driving me crazy. Even(as mentioned in the first post) in built UDP examples does not work. Why?

Thank u all for your reply so far.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,884 Views)

Well, I am running out of ideas...

OK, found something. Are you using Windows Vista?

There was a LabVIEW 8.6 bug that was fixed in 8.6.1.

From the list of LabVIEW 8.6.1 Bug Fixes

119890-LabVIEW UDP Broadcast on Multiple NICs Does Not Work On Vista

Could that be it? Maybe it's time to upgrade to 8.6.1. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,873 Views)

Hi Altenback

No. My OS is XP. Anyway, I would update to the latest to see if it works. Really appreciate your effort in helping me find a solution for the problem. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,861 Views)