hi

its working now.

after i changed the port to 6008.

i believe my kids must have used a media player that used that port

many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 30
(2,837 Views)

I am having the same problem with UDP and error 54 "Ill-formed" address.  I simply use the shipping UDP send and UDP Receive  vis in the examples.

Something must have changed on the computer: both VIs worked fine for several days, until one day they don't. The same code still works on other machines. Weird.

L.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 30
(2,694 Views)

Are you sure you did not modify it by accident and saved over the example?

Place an indicator after "string to IP". What does it show when the error occurs?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 30
(2,682 Views)

Nothing was modified in the code. I tried with LV 2011 UDP example, and now with 2013 examples... same error. 

This machine has 1 wired lan card, and a wifi card... wifi is off and disabled. 

If I set the remote address for the sender to "localhost", the numeric form of the IP reads:  2130706433;

If I set the remote address for the sender to "192.168.1.206", its actual address, the IP reads:   3232235982

"                                                              "               255.255.255.255 (broadcast)                                 :  4294967295

Error 54 in all cases.

L.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 30
(2,680 Views)

Well the error is now gone after I changed the NIC IP from DHCP to static for some unrelated tests with another static IP  PC.

Over the course of the tests, The NIC was changed to static IP, back to DHCP, some resets, disable / enable the NIC etc etc... Then no more error 54. It works now , even though I am not sure what did it.

L.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 30
(2,650 Views)

Hi ! I hope someone could help me !

I am trying to open a connection with a computer which IP adress is
10.4.1.114 via UDP. I configured  the IPv4 address of my laptop to 10.4.1.33
coupled with the subnet mask 255.255.255.0 to connect to it.
I am running the VI on Labview  2014 SP1 (32-bit) on Windows 7.  

However, the message can't be reached by the other computer because there is an issue with the first function : Open UDP VI.  I tried several configurations on the VI (wired/ignored some optional input/outputs & run the VI on laptop or CompactRIO 9064) and I had all the time the 3 same errors depending on the situation.

Error 1 : input parameter invalid
Error 54 : ill-formed network address
Error 60 : specified port/network address is currently in use

First, I made the VI on a project directly running on laptop. But it gave the error 1 when I wired the optional port output or the error 54 when I ignored it.

Thinking that it could be an issue about the laptop who could not have access to the other computer, I tried to implement the VI on the cRIO (IPv4 address : 10.4.1.235, connected to the private network of these computers). I also added SocketSetReuseAddr=TRUE to LabVIEW.ini. and disconnected from networks which could be damaging the communication.

When I did that, on the VI running on cRIO, I got the error 54 when I tried to run the VI with the net address input wired or the error 60 when I ignored the net address input.

To sum up, I got these issues in these contexts:

VI running on laptop + net address input wired + port output wired => error 1

VI running on laptop + net address input wired + port output wired => error 54

VI running on laptop + net address input wired + port output wired => error 1

VI running on laptop + net address input wired + port output wired => error 54

VI running on cRIO + net address input wired + port output wired => error 54

VI running on cRIO + net address input wired + port output wired => error 54

VI running on cRIO + net address input wired + port output wired => error 60

VI running on cRIO + net address input wired + port output wired => error 60

I don''t get why I got these errors in these configurations. What differences could it make to run the VI on a project on laptop or on cRIO ?

In every configuration though, I succeeded to ping to the other devices (cRIO and the other computer)

Thank you for your help !

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 30
(2,175 Views)

Hi Romain,

which ports do you try to use?

UDPOpen only requires a port number. The remote IP/port is only needed for UDPSend.

Did you use the UDP Sender/Receiver example VIs?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 30
(2,168 Views)

UDPopen.PNG

I have already looked for the example VIs

I am using the port 6000 as you can see.

Best regards,

Romain Legrand

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 30
(2,161 Views)

Hi Romain,

so you get an error from UDPOpen (just with local port=6000)?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 30
(2,156 Views)

Hi,

Yes, in this configuration, I got the error 1 on the dialog box if I run it on laptop or error 60 if it is on cRIO

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 30
(2,152 Views)