From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP Multicast

Jeff,

I'm runnng labview 2009 on both machines.  I did not modify the examples.  Thanks for thinking about this.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,377 Views)

I did run the UDP multicast VIs at home and successfully broadcast some messages. I don't recall which computers I used so I can't say what the OS'es were. Why do you have to use multicast? Are you writing a client for a existing multicast server? If you are writing both the client and the server, I highly recommend the subscriber pattern. It worked well for me for the original problem that I posted and a multiple test system status monitoring program that I wrote later.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,363 Views)

Yes, I am writing a client for an existing multicast server.  This is why I have no choice and must use multicast.  My IT support discovered a corrupted registry for the firewall on the PC that I was running the example multicast server VI on.  The firewall may have been restrictive.  I have not gone back and repeated the example client/server example, but I am able to receive multicast from the pre-existing multicast server.  This was my ultimate goal all along, so life is good.  Thanks to everyone.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,359 Views)

hi sir, can you please sen the UDP code to me for reference - rambefrank@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,273 Views)

Duplicate request!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,265 Views)