From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typedef Tab question

@X. wrote:

If it's been around since that long and Ben has already reported the issue, I guess it is one of these cases of wishful thinking I need to get a cure for (remember that the reason I was trying to typedef a tab was to be able to flip through them programmatically using an enum constant on my diagram, as also described by nrp in the other thread; in other words, the latter is really the functionality I am missing, not really that a typedef tab handles insertion - or deletion for that matter- of pages in its chilren nicely). Come to think about it, I agree that it would be unreasonable to expect a typedef tab to behave nicely in any way.

I am not sure that using subpanel would help in anyway with this functionality, since what I need is a quick way of having a list of the different GUI parts available as a enum constant on my diagram. Using different subVIs, I would have to create a typedef-ined enum, which I would have to manually update each time I had a VI, and would not be even sufficient for me to call that subVI (I would need the full path for each, and that would be much more than I need for legibility issues).

Finally, I would have to keep a copy of the different control values set by the user in different tabs and used in other tabs.

For quick-and-dirty GUIs as I am used to sketch out for one-of-a-kind projects, that's way too much overhead.

But as they say, to each his own.

Rings

Ini filles

Maybe more than you need  Smiley Very Happy

Just think about it a day or so OK>Smiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 11 of 11
(229 Views)