LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type and precision digits of color map in 3D contour plot

Is there any way to change the type and percision digits of colormap in 3D counter plot?

It's possible to change the format and digits of percision of an axis in the 3D plot properties, as you can see in the attachment. However, it seems that colormap only accepts two percision digits and it's impossible to change its format. Any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,230 Views)

Hi Morteza,

If you right click the 3D plot and select 3D plot properties you open a window where you can navigate to the 'Format' category. You can change the precision of the labels for each axis there.

Enjoy

Pete

NI Applications Engineer

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,167 Views)

That is true, but my question is how I can change the format and precision of color bar. In the way that you told, it only changes the format and precision digits of axis as I showed in the attachment too, but not for the color map.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,158 Views)

Hi Morteza,

This property is unfortunately not available for this indicator. You can indeed change the format and precision of the axis and colormap, but not the displaying on the front panel.

This feature might involve to create you own xControl. It will allow you to create your own graph or indicator. Please refer to the following link to better understand how to create a xControl.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3198/en/

I hope this info will be helpful.

Best Regards,

Lirat.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,140 Views)

Apologies I misread the question 🙂

As an addition to what Lirat said, you could create a simple string indicator for each of the levels as long as you can get the values of the range that you require the colour map to be showing. I have attached an example of how to pull the format from the 3D plot property node and convert it into a string.

Kind regards

Pete

NI Applications Engineer 

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,119 Views)

One simple workaround:

We can take advantage of  the ''color ramp'' of the intensity graph, as it has been shown in the attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,891 Views)