From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two tabs running at the same time

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I have a tabcontrol with two tabs. One tab shows me a graph of temperatures, while the other tab gives me access to control pressure with a slide. My problem is when my program is running and I change between the two tabs. When I am on my pressure-tab, the temperature-graph is not logging/showing the various temperatures. When I go back to the temperature-tab it's just a big black gap between the lines in the graph. Does anyone know how I can get the graph running, even though I'm not on the tab? Thank you for the help!

- Karita.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,742 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Karita91

Hi Karita,

that's a problem of your VI!

The code in the VI usually does NOT depend on the active/frontmost tab - except when you use a case structure connected to the tab control!

Remove any dependencies connected to your tab control and the code will run "for both tabs"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(2,734 Views)

If you change the scale, does the data reappear again? I have seen an issue before where if you write to a tab that isn't the active tab, the chart/graph won't redraw the old data (only add the new data) until you force the graph to redraw - e.g. by changing the scale.

I have a graph in a tab control, and when the user switches to that tab (using a tab value change event), I very quickly change the scale by a tiny amount (e.g. 0.000001) and then change it back again - this forces it to redraw the old data.

GerdW's suggestion might be the case if you're only writing to the graph depending on the tab selection (e.g. using a case structure).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 3 of 3
(2,715 Views)