LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two instances of LabVIEW IDE

@JÞB wrote:
Again, it is frightening enough that few Champions dare tread the path.

I don't know about frightening. In my case it was simply a matter of not having any actual need for it. There are certain EXEs you build for which this behavior could be useful, but unless you want to do something like running a long compile on LV and can't set up another machine or VM to allow working in parallel, I haven't found the need for this in LV.

(364 Views)

@tst wrote:

@JÞB wrote:
Again, it is frightening enough that few Champions dare tread the path.

I don't know about frightening. In my case it was simply a matter of not having any actual need for it. There are certain EXEs you build for which this behavior could be useful, but unless you want to do something like running a long compile on LV and can't set up another machine or VM to allow working in parallel, I haven't found the need for this in LV.

I stand corrected!  Yair will dare the dare-  Or perhaps I am confirmed?  Yair is one of the few people I would not expect to be confussed by LV context EVER!  (Do not drink-and-NI! Trust me!)  The "Few" Champions that would dare to develop code with multiple instances of the same LabVIEW.exe open can exclude me.  Go ahead- call me a chicken!  bock-bock!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(335 Views)
The first thing the second instance of LV wanted to do was recover the files open in the first instance.....
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(324 Views)

@Intaris wrote:
The first thing the second instuse project tance of LV wanted to do was recover the files open in the first insttance.....

And this did not frighten you? ...........if it did not.... why the post?

OK the recover stuff is swell! 

But, Two instances of the IDE is a condition that causes me concern.   It "Should be" manageable but requires more awareness of context than I usuallly have.

Now, If you pay close attention to those clues that the IDE does provide you with.....Sure! you can develop code in both contexts!  I, on the other hand, am meerly human.  I quit LabVIEW fast when this happens.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(312 Views)