LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two button dialogue box

Hello,

In my VI i have used a two button dialogue box, i.e yes or no buttons.keyfocus will be on yes button, In run-time I  can interchange keyfocus from one button to other using Tab key. Is it possible by using left/right navigation key of keyboard? If so, how?

Thanking you,

sushmith 

Thanking you,
Sushmith
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,280 Views)

Hi sushmith,

create your own "Two button dialog" and implement the additional logic using an event structure...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,267 Views)

Hello,

My own dialogue means with random text box and buttons arranged like two button dialogue box is it..?? Can you please elaborate little more..??

Thanking you,

sushmith

Thanking you,
Sushmith
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,263 Views)

Hi sushmith,

create your own VI with two buttons and a text indicator. Create all the logic needed to handle button or key events. Create all the logic needed to increase size with text (as the "Two ButtonDialog" does). Set that VI to "dialog" in its properties. Do all this and you will have a VI to replace the original TwoButtonDialog that additionally handles left/right key...

Btw. is there a standard UI/OS that doesn't use the tab key to switch between UI elements? I never came across some UI that faciliate the left/right key, atleast not for selecting UI elements...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,258 Views)

Hello,

I got it. Thank you. One more question is, If I create a sapearate VI like that, It will have a big block diagram right? How can I add it like a sub VI?

I mean to say, default two button dialogue will have a small box with say 5 in/out ports. we just have to connect message to be displayed , button names and output lines. So how can I create same kind of box with the modifications required?? i.e How can I create a sub VI? Can you please help me with that?

Thanking you,

sushmith

Thanking you,
Sushmith
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,253 Views)

Hi sushmith,

it seems you really should take the online courses offered by NI: here or here. There are even more resources available, LabVIEW comes with a huge example base...

Creating a subVI is a basic step, you really should know how to do that!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,245 Views)

OP has chosen to continue here...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7