From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial (Getting Started) VI

i am trying to run the "Opening a New VI from a Template " tutorial and it mentions

"3. From the Create New list, select VI»From Template»Tutorial (Getting Started)»

Generate and Display. This template VI generates and displays a signal."

i can not find "Tutorial (Getting Started)»Generate and Display" in the list of VI's after selecting NEW. where am i going wrong

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,927 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

I find that vi in LabVIEW 2013 sp1 at the top tool bar: File>>New...>>VI(folder)>>From Template(folder)>>Tutorial (Getting Started)(folder)

Hope this helps

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,918 Views)

File->New...->

CreateFromTemplate.png

In the Simulated group you can see the Generate and Display. If you dont have this, which LV are you running? This picture is from 2013.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,913 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

Did you expand the "from Template" section?

(Not sure if this is needed, but do you have DAQmx installed?)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,912 Views)

Hi ,

i am using 2014

i do not see the Tutorial (Getting Started) in my VI's

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,868 Views)

Yes, you are right. I cannot see it in 2014. I'll investigate.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,856 Views)

however if you create  new VI from >>Simulated>> Generate and Display it seems to behave as you would expect the Tutorial VI to behave, i started it this afternoon following the rest of instructions from the LabVIEW Getting Started pdf, and it seems to work.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,848 Views)

Just to close the loop on this, the Getting Started with LabVIEW manual was deprecated in LabVIEW 2014. Because of this, we removed the New... templates that were used alongside this manual. 

All getting started material related to LabVIEW is now available here: http://www.ni.com/getting-started/

Message 8 of 9
(6,758 Views)

thanks to all for responding, i think i am now on the right track

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,737 Views)