LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning ON&OFF an Opto Switch with USB-6525

Solved!
Go to solution

As the picture attached, a composition of a circuit, consists of: Mitsubishi PLC FX Series, USB-6525 and OPTO Switch (PNP OTBVP6). In the code I'm powering the OPTO's then cutting of the voltage; switching on/off the power, using the USB 6525. 

My problem comes when that in certain time of my code, the OPTOS remain without power (right after programatically I've just

habilitate them with USB-6525 High Level outputs). I've already checked the code, in my opinion its seem's fine. I have in mind that the 6525 is not a fast DI/DO device, that's why I'm using delays above 200ms.

The last hope, is to change the USB6525 for a brand new one, that's what I'm about to do. But if someones see's a problem with the code or has another explanation why the OPTO's do not receive or remain (somehow) unpowered, I'll really appreciate your help.

I'm attaching also the .VI

I really need the help.

Thanks to all in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,907 Views)

The only suggestion that I am seeing is to see what the max current rating of the optos and your DAQ are and look at the circuit.  When I use optos in this fashion, I usually need a current limiting resistor for the opto otherwise the opto will burn out and the DAQ will act funny as well for drawing too much current.  I have 2015 not 2016 so I couldn't take a look at your LabVIEW code, sorry...

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,803 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JLuna

I found what was happening. Connectios, currents, everything was fine. In the code, between states (I'm using a state machine structure) I was missing a delay of 200ms. This because I'm changing from outputs to reading inputs, so between them I was missing a delay, that's all. Anyways, thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,800 Views)