LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn external loop on and off

Hi all

I found this idea to initiate and stop an external loop from an event structure. Unfortunately I can only start the external loop. I would like to know how i can stop it using the  code in the snippet attached. If anybody has a better idea to achieve the same result i would greatly appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,444 Views)

can you attach your vi and tell some more about this

-------------------------------------------------------------
kudos welcome
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,430 Views)

All that I see in the diagram is some sort of 'messaging engine' using a queue?  Since we are seeing the messaging source and not the sink, how can we even attempt to help solve the problem of why the sink is not working?  

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,418 Views)

here is the sink

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,412 Views)

Assuming that this works as you described in the original post, and withholding comments about style, what I noticed is in your dequeue while loop for queue index 0.  You are not processing the information from your queue.  You check to see if there is an error, and if there is then you send a False to some user event.  I am assuming that the 'no error' case is sending a True.  If that is the case, the False information being sent from the source into the queue (which, if I am guessing correctly) is not being processed at all. 

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,402 Views)