Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to move VI from one computer to another w/ all sub VI's

So, open the subVI and find out why it is not executable. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(713 Views)

Ok, well here's the next fun part: all of them are password protected for whatever reason, and no one here knows the password.... that, and the guy who actually wrote this stuff is no longer with us...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(691 Views)

@Scandia.828 wrote:

Ok, well here's the next fun part: all of them are password protected for whatever reason, and no one here knows the password.... that, and the guy who actually wrote this stuff is no longer with us...

Yeah, I would've killed him, too.  I predict the judge will be lenient in your case.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 13 of 16
(688 Views)

Good luck trying to figure out what they were doing and then rewriting them.  Password protection internally makes no sense.  If you are giving it out to customers, that's a different story.  Even then, packed project libraries would be more appropriate.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(686 Views)

Thanks everyone for your advice and support. Looks like this one might be a bit of a lost cause, but I'll work around it. And thanks for making my first NI forum experience a good one 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(655 Views)

I'll take my tinfoil hat off long enough to say that password protection on older LabVIEW versions is weak. Try this - http://www.hmilch.net/h/labview.php

Let me put my hat back on.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(650 Views)