LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting compiled code?

I am using Fieldpont modules to control some lab tests.  Since we have a few separate tests, we've decided to use compiled code to cut down on Labview costs. 

The issue I'm having is when I have an error in the compiled code on a new install.  Is there any way to see where in the code the error is occurring?  Maybe some sort of test run mode or something? I know the code interacts with the windows registry as well as a few files on the hard drive. I think this is where the problem is. Unfortunately, I did not write the code, so I'm not certain where the problem could be.  I have always been able to easily troubleshoot issues with code when running the full Labview software, but with the compiled code, you can't see the block diagram.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,173 Views)

Enable debugging on your application when you build it.  You can connect to your application from a PC that has LabVIEW by using Remote Panels from the Operate menu. You will then see the block diagram on your development PC.

Message 2 of 4
(2,171 Views)

ok, I was hoping it would be simpler...   I apparently do not have the "Labview web server" running nor do I know how to get it running.  Can anyone provide some help in this area?  I have a system that I did not install that I need to troubleshoot.  Unfortunately, our programer has left the company and left me with his mess of undocumented code and a tangle of wires...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,147 Views)

Hi Scubadude,

I have included a link to a help file that walks through how to debug applications on remote systems.

Debugging Applications and Shared Libraries:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvhowto/debug_apps_dlls/

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
Message 4 of 4
(2,118 Views)