From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubles with cRIO and NI-9472

I need help! I'm trying to use this servo example http://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Program-Drafts/Servo-motor-RC-control-using-LabVIEW/ta-p/3535211  but i can't get to connect the DO of the NI-9472 because it says it's not well connected. I've been trying for hours and i still can't find a solution. I'm currently using LV 8.5 and cRIO 9002. I'm trying to control 4 servos for a basic control, nothing complex. I'm also trying to generate a PWM to control the DO but it's the same problem, when i'm going to connect the wires, an X appears.. I hope it's not a problem. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,528 Views)

Hi rolando,

can you show a screenshot of your project with RT and FPGA part fully expanded?

Is the NI9472 module implemented correctly within the project?

an X appears.. I hope it's not a problem

When there is an X you surely got a problem! 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,522 Views)

I finally connected it and i now i can run the fpga. The main problem is that nothing happens. I read the comments in the servo link i posted and no one is having any trouble with it but me. I just want to generate a simple PWM signal so I can control the servo using Labview but i can't find the DO give me that signal. I tried using the examples and nothing happen. please help me and i kudo later

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,479 Views)

I finally connected it and the fpga run. The main probles is that nothing happens. As I said, I'm using the servo example in the link i posted but if you read the comments, no one is having troubles with except for me. I just want to generats a PWM signal to my DO and control a servo using Labview. I've tried with the examples and nothing happens. Please help me and I kudo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,478 Views)

Hey guys! I want to control a servo using a pwm signal so my question is, Can I program a pwm signal to change every 2 seconds to control the servo and get it in the position i want? Can I type each position I want and then repeat them in an automatic mode? If I can, How can I do that? This is for my final project and I'm having some troubles. I'm using a NI-9472, Labview 8.5, cRIO 9002 and FPGA module. Please help Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,505 Views)

Hi rolando,

did you read the manual of your module?

Did you attach all needed wires according to page 12&14?

Did you check the outputs with a multimeter instead of attaching directly to a servo motor?

Edit:

Please don't start double threads on the very same topic!

(I merged your new thread into this one…)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,473 Views)

Hey guys! I want to control a servo using a pwm signal so my question is, Can I program a pwm signal to change every 2 seconds to control the servo and get it in the position i want? Can I type each position I want and then repeat them in an automatic mode? If I can, How can I do that? This is for my final project and I'm having some troubles. I'm using a NI-9472, Labview 8.5, cRIO 9002 and FPGA module. Please help Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,492 Views)

Please help us to help you.  Attach your VI (the actual VI file, not a picture of its Block Diagram) that is giving your trouble (or, if there are a lot of VIs in your Project, compress the folder that holds your Project and attach the resulting .zip file).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,460 Views)

Hi rolando,

I told you before to stay with your thread and not to start double threads on the very same problem!

So why do you keep on starting new threads? (Again I merged your threads…)

Please answer my questions asked two days ago!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,440 Views)

I solved it thanks! I haven't replied because I was really busy, sorry. I'm working with pwm signals as I said and I can perfectly control my servo but I have some questions that I hope you can help me with. Can I type each position I want and then repeat them in an automatic mode? If I can, How can I do that? I'm working with the loop timer in usec so when the "low period" is 19000 and the "high period" is 1000 the servo move to one side, when the "low period" is 18000 and the "high period" is 2000 the servo move to the other side. Let's say I want to save these two "positions" and then hit the play button and they start changing in an automatic way. Thanks

Smiley Happy

I'm using a NI-9472, Labview 8.5, cRIO 9002 and FPGA module

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,371 Views)