LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble setting up basic DLL call (win32 API ?) for Coherent Verdi-G laser control

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to set up a DLL call to control a Coherent Verdi-G laser.

I'm having trouble figuring out the right way to set up the calls. In the attached Demo.cpp, there's a "RunTests" function. That's kinda my end goal. That functions sends a few different commands to query the device. I'm going to need to send commands like that (as well as several others, some which take arguments... but I think I can figure that out on my own.)

My problem is getting started. I can't even talk to the device. I've tried a few different ways to set up the DLL call, but they always crash the computer. I'm not sure if i'm missing some pieces such as initializing a method to talk through USB or other various parts.

I've added my own .vi attempts as well as some of the .c, .cpp & associated .h files that came with the laser control software. I may have missed relevant files; I'm happy to add them if someone sees a needed / referenced file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,698 Views)
Solution
Accepted by dsproles

Turns out I missed the included .vi that's part of their install package. I was looking directly on their supplied CD.

I'd mark this closed if I saw a button for that?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,694 Views)

dsproles wrote:

I'd mark this closed if I saw a button for that?

You can go back to your reply and mark it as the solution, which is as close as this forum gets to "closed."

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,684 Views)