LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble saving data every 24 hours

I'm new to labview and having difficulties saving the data that I'm collecting from 6 different Thermocouples to an excel file every 24hrs. I want the 24 hour file to contain the temperature change every minute for each thermocouple. I have a loop set up so that once 24 hrs has elapsed it will write the data to an excel speadsheet. I'm using the Write to Measurement File Express VI because I'm still learning labview and how to use the lower level VI's. I am confused with how to wire the data to the Write to Measurement File and how to connect the loops in such a way to where the program will run continueously and still save the data every 24 hrs. 

Any help with this would be much apperciated.

LVpic.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,837 Views)

Your logging loop is not running until AFTER your main loop is complete (data flow 101).  You need to either have them run in parallel or move the code inside of your logging loop into your main loop.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,817 Views)

The wire with the 'x' in it indicates you are sending an invalid data type to the Express VI. Make sure to utilize the context help feature (ctrl+h) and the detailed help link (within the context help description) for each component to get in depth information about required data types. Because you are new to LabVIEW I would also suggest utilizing the 'Find Examples' option under your 'Help' tab. This may be able to provide a template for your project in regards to writing data to a file, etc...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,742 Views)