From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble reading OPC Server values with Labview

Hello there,

I have given up, DCOM settings is really an hazardous game for my nerves.

I moved my OPC Server on the PC where Labview is running, and I finally access to the Shared Variables.

Thanks a lot to you Andreas and Paolo for your help.

Bye,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(695 Views)

Hi Jeremy,

ok. thanks a lot for your feedback. 

Is the use of Shared Variables a possible workaround?

Then i would close the Service Request. 

Thanks a lot

Andreas K

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(686 Views)

Hello Andreas !

Actually, it's not the solution, it is the main issue 😉

The problem I experience is about the accessibility of these Shared Values when the OPC Server and Labview are not on the same PC.

As Paolo said Getting DCOM to work was a real nightmare!

I have decided to stop blocking on this settings issue and moved the OPC Server.

However, the OPC Server is no longer available to other PCs, and I think it is not really a sustainable solution.

I will take time to examine other situations (OPC Tunneling, Excel/JAVA Data Access) but now I need to work on my application...

I will give some feedback if I find something interesting.

Bye,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(668 Views)

Hello sir,

This is sathya, I'm curently working on Non opc data to Opc data convertion and report generation. The terminal given to my end which provides non opc data from the energy meters are of DB9 RS485 cable. Is that possible for me to read the data from RS485 or I need to convert my RS485 to RS232 DB9. If it is possible to read data directly from RS485 can u sugest me a procedure for this.

Regards,

sathya.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(659 Views)

Hello Sathya,

I'm afraid I have not enough knowledge of OPC to help you.

Maybe you should create a topic in this forum (if you are using National Instrument products) to get more information.

Sincerly,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(636 Views)