LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble mapping integer value to boolean array.

Hello - I'm a VB.net guy trying like hell to get the hang of labview and I am stumped 😞

I have an boolean array which represents 7 led indicators. My piece of equipment (which is older than I am) gives a status byte and I am only interested in bits 0-2. The possible values are (000, 001, 010, 011, 100, 101, 110) or ( 0-6 depending on how you want to look at it) each one of these needs to be mapped to an led. So if the status is "5" I only want the 5th led to go true.

In vb.net I would just quickly type up 7 cases and be done. In labview I'm confused on if that would be the correct approach. It just seems tedious to have to make a seperate array buried in a select case structure 7 times. I must be missing something.

-Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,712 Views)

Seven cases? whoah VB is overachieving:

I left the labels of the functions on, so you can easily find them.

Ton

Message Edited by TonP on 08-29-2008 09:19 PM
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,704 Views)

Sorry I reread your post and it seems like you want to highlight the led# of the actual value, instead of the bit representation:

Here goes try 2:

Ton

Message Edited by TonP on 08-29-2008 09:24 PM
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,702 Views)

THANKS!

Works perfect; I had a feeling I needed to use the replace array function but just couldn't get it to work. Of course it now seems so obvious. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,695 Views)

Here is an alternate solution:

If you want the output array to be only 6 elements then just use a Split 1D Array function. 

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 08-29-2008 03:50 PM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,678 Views)

smercurio_fc wrote:

If you want the output array to be only 6 elements then just use a Split 1D Array array subset function. 

Fixed it for you. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,673 Views)

altenbach wrote:

smercurio_fc wrote:

If you want the output array to be only 6 elements then just use a Split 1D Array array subset function. 

Fixed it for you. 😄

Oh yeah, forgot about that thread. Smiley Very Happy

I don't have 8.6 but it would be interesting to run those benchmarks under 8.6 to see if there was any change and to update that thread.  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,670 Views)