cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering Tab Control with Boolean Change

Solved!
Go to solution

@rifenbug wrote:

My only question is my only remaining question is, is there a way to make the tab stay on the specified page until the value returns to below the cutoff point?

Yes, of course there is a way. In fact there are many ways to do that.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(643 Views)

Of course, thanks you.  Once I interpret your solution I will start chipping away at that.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(640 Views)

Just keep the timeout in a shift register and set it to -1 (infinite) whenever an alarm occurs. Then you need another event to set it back to the regular timeout.

Message 13 of 16
(636 Views)

I was able to interpret everything and apply it to my exisiting VI, thank you.  When it comes to the shift register, what could I use for an event to get the system back to the timeout event status.

I also have numerous property nodes for changing the text and background colors of the indicators absed on the boolean result, am I correct in assuming I can simplifying my VI by handling them in a similar (array) fashion with even structures similar to what we have already done here. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(621 Views)

(Please change the name of the VI after you make changes. It is confusing if you attach a a new VI with the name of an existing VI posted earlier.)

If you resize the sliders, you should also resize the size of the booleans so they match.

You need to decide under what conditions the automatic cycling should resume. You cold create a "resume" button, for example and assign an event to it. Yes, you can easily expand it with any additional functionality you need.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(614 Views)

You could set it to cycle among all tabs if no LED is lit, but only cycle between the alarmed tabs if at least one is lit.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(607 Views)