LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparent is not invisible

I have a GUI which allows users to select a subset of data to display it on one of four graphs (more in other tabs).  The subset of the data is determined by selecting items in a tree (value change).  There are multiple files and for every file there are multiple sample numbers and for every sample there are any number of data columns.  The value change of the tree is a great way of "knowing exactly what subset of data the user wants displayed".  I have got this far.  Now I want also the ability to drag data columns to a chosen graph dimension ( X or Y mabey Z later). There is a mixture of waveform and XY graphs presently. This presently works by dragging the tree item to the respective location on the graph.  Now here is where I have trouble.  I want the string control transparent on the scales (for XY) and the graph itself (waveform).  Apperently where you make the control transparent for the first time makes the difference between being invisible or opaq.  If at any time the control is made frontmost after it is positioned, it becomes opaq.  I have sucessfully overcome this for now (cross my fingers), but I must also have acess to move cursors (Synced) which means that I must hide and unhide at various times.  I think that the opacity will return if I modify the control programatically let alone keep it frontmost during these transitions. If anyone has some good advice on this sort of problem, please point me in the direction.
Thanks for reading this and for helping me in advance.

BTW I cannot at this time attach it (fairly large and need to locate all dependicies first- right now its a mess).  But if I find some Xtra time I will post the full monty when I am done.

Chris Co
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,276 Views)

I'm sorry to be such a putz.  I have tested the invisibility switching and does not seem to affect the transparency.  Now all I have to do is distinguish between a drag enter or a mouse enter event to know when to make visible or not.

As a note, making the control transparent is somewhat a pain for me because it it embedded in a tab control.  so I had to resize the tab, resize the control make it transparent, then drag it to desired location.  If I made the control transparent  on the front panel background, It would become opaq and never again transparent.

Chris Co

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,267 Views)
Hello Chris,

In regard to the problem you are having with the transparency, I do not think I fully understood your dilemma. But from the way it sounds, you may have this issue under control. If we can provide any assistance, a stripped-down example of what it is that is giving you trouble would be quite useful. Are you currently able to distinguish between a drag enter or a mouse enter event to control your visibility? These should be separate event cases in your event structure to can handle these events.

In regard to your difficulty in making the control transparent, I assume that you are using the property to make the control disabled and greyed out? In this case you should be able to create a control reference for this terminal even if this is contained within the tab control. You can then use the property node in the same way. Please post back if I have misunderstood your difficulty or if we can provide any additional assistance. Thanks,

Mike D.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,226 Views)