LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmit Video from one USRP to another using LabView

Hello,

I want to run NI USRP Example LabVIEW VI from the below link. But I do not have MIMO cable. So I want to know what are the main things I have to consider if I want to eliminate the MIMO cable and use just the antenas for transmit and receive?

Do I need to make any changes in the VI or not? 

Please guide.

Thank you,

JK

NI USRP Example LabView VI

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,277 Views)

Hi Joseph,

Firstly, what USRP are you using and are you trying to do any synchronization?

Can you tell me a bit more about your application? Are you specifically interesting in video transmit or are you looking for a general example for Tx/Rx with USRP or USRP RIO?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,213 Views)

I am using USRP 2920 but instead of USRP 2920 daughter baord we have LFTX and LFRX daughter boards, which has a carrier frequency of 0 to 30MHz. I am specifically interested in video transmission between one USRP to another USRP and I wanto to connect both USRPs with different laptops. So can you guide me how can I run the above mentioned video transmission example VI in this case.

Thanks 

JK

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,125 Views)

The example you linked has different vi's for transmission and receiving, so if you want to run this with USRP's on different systems I imagine you would run the transmission vi on one system and the receiving on another.  I'm not familiar with the programming needed for MIMO so unfortunately I can't tell you what you would have to change to not use it.  I would assume that if you were not using MIMO you could start with a simpler USRP transmit or receive vi example and go from there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,059 Views)