From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformation of plot's axes

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am plotting Weibull data, and am attempting to use the original Weibull graph axes.  In a Weibull plot, the percentage of items still functional at a given time t, or the reliability R(t), is plotted versus that time.  Here is the problem:  the abscissa is the natural log of time, while the ordinate is (get ready) the natural log of the natural log of the reciprocal of item reliability at a given time, i.e.  ln(ln(1/R(t))).  I understand how to get a log axis, but that clearly is insufficient for the ordinate.  Is there any LabVIEW functionality that allows axis transformation, or must I content myself with merely performing the transformation on the data itself, rather than the axis scale?  (We are currently doing this, but it removes the sensible reading the transformations provide.)

Thanks for any advice,

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,506 Views)

You need to transform the data yourself.

(There are several ideas in the ideas exchange that try to address this limitation.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,502 Views)

Is there any way then to manually construct the axis scale?  Spacing, values, etc.  Ideally it would look something like the image here:  http://images.books24x7.com/bookimages/id_9017/0315.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,480 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author reformedView

For the most general case, you would need to do everything yourself using a 2D picture indicator.

(Open the example finder and look at the example "XY Multiplit Graph" for some ideas).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,474 Views)

That's what I was gearing up for.  Thanks for the confirmation.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,467 Views)