LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer data using sbRIO

Hi,

I am now trying to transfer an array of image data from the computer to the sbRIO and sending out through DIO. Now I am able to send data from the real time processor to FPGA using FIFO then send out through DIO. However, the data is just a small array cretaed by me, not the actual data. Because i dont know how to transfer data from the computer to real time processor first. I have beem suggested to use the network published shared variable, however there are errors. So do anyone can give any suggestion of ways to fulfill this aim? 

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,733 Views)

What is the error you are getting? How did you configure the Shared variable? Please show us somthing.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,727 Views)

I would use a Network Stream.  That way you know when the command is sent (since the RT is just sitting there waiting for it to come down the stream's FIFO).  Once it comes down the Network Stream, you can then write to the FPGA's DMA FIFO.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,722 Views)

Thank you very much for replying.

Yes, I am still working on solving the error and the aim is to ask for suggestion about what else method i can use to tranfer data from Computer VI to RT VI. So i didnt attach the error casue i am trying to solve it by myself first. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,720 Views)

Sure! Thank you for your suggestion, i will have a check for that way.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,719 Views)

Hi Crossrulz,

I have tried to use the network stream. However, it pops up the error as it is shown in the screenshot i have attached. Can you help to give some tips?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,675 Views)

Do you have another attempt floating around that didn't close out its stream?

I would try closing LabVIEW and try it again

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,665 Views)

Thank you for replying.

I dont think there is  another attempt floating around that didn't close out its stream

And i have tried to close and open again. 

I also tried to code exactly the same as a tutorial, but it has the same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,660 Views)