From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer a 2D array data included the cell color into subVI

I'm trying to transfer a 2D array data which some of the cell is colored from my main program to my subVI. However, I figured out that only the data is transferred into the table control in my subVI and the cell color is not transferred. Is that I have to color the cell again in my subVI or there are some ways that can make my cell in subVI color as the cell that is colored in my main program?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,625 Views)
Transfer that configuration data to the subVI too and modify that table to look like the I other one. The thing to rember is that LabVIEW make a strong distinction between the data and the way that data is displayed.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,613 Views)

That's mean I have to recolor the cell in the subVI Table Control that I already colored in the main program?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,606 Views)
Of course. You have two separate tables. The formatting is a property of the table and not of the data.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,600 Views)

Because that I let my local variable of my table control in my main program to be the input of my subVI, I think that with this the properties will be also transfer to the new table control in my subVI. If cannot then recolor should be the only way. Thanks ya.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,582 Views)
No it won't. Local variable only transfer data. If you pass a control reference, that would pass everything, but you still have to write the appropriate code to copy the properties from one table to the other.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,567 Views)