LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Objects with labview and Vision assistant bounding boxes

Hey guys, I'm trying to detect some objects with labview and vision assistant. The detection works but the matching box always stays the same, no matter if the object is rotated or not. So i could need something that also rotates the matching boxes just like the objects. I attached some screenshots that show my problem. I hope somebody knows how to handle it.

Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,022 Views)

You should post your question on the Vision forum.  You would get a quicker response. 

Spoiler

You will have to create your own overlay from the match results. Turn off show overlay in the match pattern VI.  You can then draw any size / color bounding box around the matched item.  Let me know if this clearly answers your question.

If you need to save this result, be sure to use merge overlay.  This will make the overlay part of the image.

Matt Fitzsimons
NI Alliance Member
LabVIEW Champion
NI Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW, LV-RT, Vision, DAQ, Motion, and FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,967 Views)

Hey thanks for your answer, but I don't nhave the option to turn off show overlay. Is it possible that you edit my file? It's frustrating right now

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,907 Views)

You need to use the native pattern matching VIs to control bounding box off / on.  Try cascading the image outputs to inputs (see attached image).  Check the output bounding box outputs from the express VI to make sure they contain locations.

Cascade Outputs

Matt Fitzsimons
NI Alliance Member
LabVIEW Champion
NI Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW, LV-RT, Vision, DAQ, Motion, and FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,890 Views)

If I add the find pattern component, I don't have the possibility to change the algorythm to grayscale value pyramid. I am using labview 2011 and therefore I can only use "find patterm 3" instead of 4.  If I change all the other settings like you did, I can't start the VI because the find pattern component is nowhere connected to the rest of the VI. Do you have an idea how I can solve this with labview 2011?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,830 Views)