LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchpanel project: changing target

Hi guys,

I have a project with touchpanel module as my target; everytime I want to run my main.exe I have to compile it in the build-specifications for the touchpanel.

Now I have a task, that I should have the whole VI's in project also for normal LabVIEW runtime engine, in this case: a windows tablet. Which means, I need to compile it differently, but I think it will be in a simpler/faster way.

Somehow I couldnt find much helpful information sources for this.

Basically, the main.vi opens port, then send/recieve strings to/from the pcb that we are controlling through a serial port. I thought I could simply copy paste the VI's, from Touchpanel as the target into "My Computer", then make a new build specification, then compile it.

But it doesnt work, it seems I need to change perhaps the communication VI's. Is there any example of how to change target from a touchpanel to simply "normal" labview?

Regards,

Yan-

projekt.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,480 Views)

The best way to get help for this question is to do the following:

1. Compress the top-level folder holding all of the Files in this Project.
  2. Reply to this post, attaching the Zip file made in Step 1, so we can look at your code and understand your hardware and software organization.

Are you hoping to run this on a Windows PC running in "tablet" mode, where all of the code resides on the PC, data are saved to the PC, and there is no other "target" than "My Computer"?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,456 Views)

Hi Bob, thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid I cant get the whole VI's zipped here, since its not belong to me, but to the company where I'm working for. I'm sorry about that.

But I think the challenge is how should I modify the communication VI's, which read/write configuration and sending/recieving the String commands between computer <--> pcb.

regards,

Yan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,422 Views)