From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch screen right click

Hi

I have written a labview apprication to control CNC plasma cutting machines. We use a Baldor motion controller, standard pc, 15" monitor and a touch screen overlay. It all works well.... but.

15" monitors are getting a bit thin on the ground and windows 8 tablets look to be an ideal soloution- compact, integral touch screen, USB ports, built in UPS, portability etc

Labview seems to work fine with windows 8, so everything should be good .... another but..

We use some buttons as jog and scroll controls i.e. press and hold, with the old touch screen overlays these work fine, with windows 8 they dont work, as windows wants to treat a press and hold as a right click.

Turning off right click in windows 8 ( and 7), via the control panel does not seem to have any effect, ok it greys out the relevant bit of the control pane but still turns a press and hold into a right click. We can make it work by pressing, holding and sliding slightly on the buttons but it isnt ideal.

Does anyone have a idea how to disable this feature?

Or maybe a labview multi-touch toolkit, I noticed that there was an announcement to this effect at NIweek 2012, but this does not seem to have gone any further.

Many thanks

Mike

www.techserv.co.uk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,195 Views)

Hmmm.  I got this to work in Windows 7.  Though it was a while ago.

When you say:

"Turning off right click in windows 8 ( and 7), via the control panel does not seem to have any effect"

Did you turn it off by using the "Pen and Touch Screen" applet in the Control panel?  I could have sworn I just disabled that in Win7 and it worked fine.

http://www.medicollector.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,167 Views)

Hi thanks for the reply

yes I turned it off in the applet in the Control panel, but I still cannot use the press and hold action, its a bit odd.

thanks 

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,129 Views)

Is there still no better work around? I'd prefer to not dislable long clicking for entire windows only for some working labview controls. Boolean controls with the mechanical action "Switch Until Released" and "Latch Until Released" should work on a touch screen without any special settings.

Failing work arounds:

• Disabling the Run-Time Shortcut menu of the boolean button (in right click menu, "Advanced"->"Run-Time Shortcut Menu"->"Disable") does not help. No menu is shown, but pressing the button is aborted.
  • The "mouse up" event of left "mouse botton" (named like this even if it is a touch screen) happens before "mouse down" of the richt "mouse button". So discarding the mouse down event has not the desired effect.

I have this problem on a computer running   LabVIEW 8.6 on Windows XP

as well as on a computer running                LabVIEW 12  on Windows 7.

Is there any other information?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,715 Views)

Hi

There is a soloution, which works rather well.

I am not too sure about licensing or costs but I can pass you details on to the developer if you wish.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,704 Views)

Yes please.

The problem will not become smaller in the feature...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,695 Views)

Hello!

I have the same problem. I have boolean controls which have action "switch until released" and I want to disable right click on touch screen ProLite T2252MSC.

Even worse, I want to keep right click for graphs because there are useful functions for the operator. So, completely disabling right click in Windows 10 is not a preferable option for my application.

How to disable right click for selected controls (boolean buttons)?

I have LabView 2019.0.1f1

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,372 Views)