LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TortoiseSVN and LabVIEW to programmatically export modified files from one revision to another.

Solved!
Go to solution

Can I use LabVIEW to programmatically check Modified files in a repository or folder from one version to another and export a list of paths of those files? This is when comparing one version of the repository to another. 

Thank you for your help

Cheers,
~~~ GladiatorLV ~~~
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,101 Views)

I'm pretty sure this is possible using the SVN Command Line tools (an install option of TortoiseSVN) and System Exec to call it.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,097 Views)

Thank you for your reply Sam_Sharp. That's the method I am going for. Do you know the commands I should use? I have searched but haven't found any command that worked. The only one that gave me a list of modified command is ShowCompare and even that didn't take the revision number I passed. Instead a window popped up and asked me to input the revision numbers.

Thanks

Cheers,
~~~ GladiatorLV ~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,089 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GladiatorLV

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9190931/get-changed-files-from-svn-command-line-between-two-revis...

Looks like 'diff' is the right command to use.

Edit: With the --summarize flag so it doesn't try to return the actual differences within the files.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,084 Views)

This is a partial solution. Thank you.

From here I will have the path of every modified filed along with the action (deleted, modified, or added) and then I can put all these paths in an array and export each into a folder on local drive.

Thanks again,

GladiatorLV

Cheers,
~~~ GladiatorLV ~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,039 Views)