LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To display excel in front panel from a specified path

I want to display the excel sheet page in front panel. I tried using activex. But i got error using it. Is there a proper way to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,788 Views)

Ya using ActiveX is a proper way... But using the ActiveX in a proper way will make sense... You can find examples regarding spreadsheet in LabVIEW examples itself.

Smiley Wink

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,779 Views)

But Br.Anand is not good.

This ActiveX is not only a proper solution. Instead of ActiveX spread sheet you can use Multicoumn listbox.

Because If the system(Application Developed System) having advanced version of ActiveX and end user PC have lower version of ActiveX. Then It will create problem.

Very rare case of applications only using MS spread sheet ActiveX in their applications. Most of the LabVIEW applications having Multi column list box

<<Kudos are welcome>>

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,774 Views)

Try this model VI.

Here I am using MS spread sheet as a input what are all the values I enter in the spread sheet, I just export to a xls file.

Try it in the same way....

<<Kudos are welcome>>

Download All
Message 4 of 11
(6,768 Views)

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have an excel template. I use this template to save data as .xls file. I want to view the .xls file in the same template format but in front panel and not as an excel sheet. I have seen the activex code you have attached. But i am unable to find the activex for spreadsheet. Can you attach the vi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,737 Views)

hi,

I don't think that through ActivX you can inport a excel sheet templete and do operations. But In normal operations you can do all the excel operations in this activeX spread sheet and export it as a xls file.

To get activeX. Goto Front panel --> Modern -->Containers -->ActiveX containers.

in front Panel : Right click and select Insert ActiveX object. then Select MicroSoft Office Spreadsheet. You can get the spread sheet...

Enjoy.

If you find the solution just post it.

<<Kudos are welcome>>

Download All
Message 6 of 11
(6,720 Views)

Thanks for your vi. In the vi, the control is not loaded. I dont ve MS office spreadsheet control in my activex. Do i have to install any activex files. If so please tell me the details of  the files i should install or trouble shooting method.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,675 Views)

Check whether you have MS Office in your PC.

or install microsoft ActiveX in your PC. It is available here.

And try it.

<<Kudos are welcome>>

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,662 Views)

i have the same request as you ,view .xlsx file on the front,change some cell data and save files ,do you have some vi to fix this issue? can you share it with me ?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,741 Views)

There have been numerous posts on the Forum with numerous examples showing how to read an Excel Worksheet (a "page" of a .xlsx file) into a 2D array of whatever.  You should be able to display this as an Indicator (or Control) of a LabVIEW VI's Front Panel, and should be able to write code to modify one or more cells.  Then it is only a matter of taking this (revised) 2D data and writing it back out to Excel, for which numerous examples have also been posted to this Forum (I know this because I've posted a few, myself).

Search the Forum.  Search the Web (which will also search the Forum).  Try something, post your code, ask for help.  Or hire a LabVIEW consultant.

Bob Schor

Message 10 of 11
(4,719 Views)