From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To compare control name with a variable

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author divyaaa

This is what I was talking about (Certainly need to tweek to make it more generalized).

Linking.png

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(689 Views)

Are you just trying to save and load control values?  If so then you should look at the OpenG Save Panel to INI and Load Panel From INI under the Variant Configuration palette it takes care of all of this.

Still attached is a quick example of how to do what you want.  It makes a look up table using a variant.  Then for all controls get the value from the lookup table with the same name as label, then set the value on that control.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(687 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Are you just trying to save and load control values?  If so then you should look at the OpenG Save Panel to INI and Load Panel From INI under the Variant Configuration palette it takes care of all of this.

Still attached is a quick example of how to do what you want.  It makes a look up table using a variant.  Then for all controls get the value from the lookup table with the same name as label, then set the value on that control.

OR, "Enable Database Access" is only a right click away and "Log at completion" is fairly straightforward.  To do it progamatically just call Prompt and Save UDL.vi to create the record and Follow the help file suggestions to populate the FP data.

Example_VI.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 13 of 17
(665 Views)

I get all kinds of missing dialogs when I try to use that snippet in 2013.  Where on disk is that Prompt and Save VI?  LabVIEW couldn't find it.

I've never used that feature, but I've been able to modify the OpenG to choose not to save all controls, only the ones I want, and if I have a complicated data type (cluster of array of cluster of cluster etc) I choose to write that control's data as a flat binary blob instead of human readable text.  Still a native solution is prefered if it meets the needs of the application.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(660 Views)

Capture.PNG

essentially this is the tool that runs from here:

Capture1.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(651 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Capture.PNG

essentially this is the tool that runs from here:

After searching I now see that those files are part of the Database and Connectivity Toolkit and is not included with base LabVIEW.

EDIT: At least I think.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(643 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

After searching I now see that those files are part of the Database and Connectivity Toolkit and is not included with base LabVIEW.

That would make sense.  the DBC TK comes with Dev Suite and is available as an addon for LabVIEW.  That library may have nothing whatsoever to do with Operate>> Database Access>>Log...

Not a feature I often use!  but one I wanted to toss out since the discussion was going in that direction

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(638 Views)