LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing values wont add up

Hello guys, 

Iam having a weird behavior when subtracting two time stamps.

attached you can find pic + code

any help will be appreciated.

regards,

regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,639 Views)

Daylight savings time?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,629 Views)

Fall back!

End of daylight savings time.

DST ended on Nov. 1 @ 2am where it then "fell back" to 1 am.  Actually there were two 1am hours during that early morning.  LabVIEW is probably giving you the time difference between 12:58 and the second 1:13 am.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,628 Views)

Somehow the display of t2 messed up. Opening your VI on my machine (UTC+1.00) shows the following time info:

t1: 5:58:16 (7 hours off from your screenshot)

t2: 7:13:16 (6 hours off from your screenshot)

My timestamps have/show the correct values for the difference of about 4200 seconds. What happens if you close down LV and reopen the VI?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,621 Views)

Where are you Norbert?  UTC +1 would be a European timezone.

Now I'm in EST (eastern standard) which is UTC -5.   and his timestamps showed up the same when I opened his VI.  I'm assuming he is in EST UTC-5 as well.

If you are in Europe, your daylight savings time dates might be different.  And would automatically show the extra hour built into T2 since you are straddling the time change at 6 or 7 am.  Yours would have occurred at 1-2 am, or perhaps on a completely different date.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,602 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:
[...]  Yours would have occurred at 1-2 am, or perhaps on a completely different date.

I did not verify if daylight saving changes exactly on that specific day. AFAIK Europe is about 2 weeks different to US daylight saving changes.

So yep, it is true that i am in Europe 😉

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,597 Views)