From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer not in saved file

Hello alltogether,

I'm a newbie in LabView and I guess for you this question wil be quite easy.

I want to have a File which also includes the time from the timer. What is the problem 😉 ? As you see, in my lvm file I only get the pixel and the measurement.

Would be cool if you help me out.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,762 Views)

Your name suggests you've been using LabVIEW for about fifteen years.  😉

Anyway, your text file mentions that the decimal is localized to be a comma.  Your data are separated by commas.  This will be an issue.  Maybe it has something to do with that?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,740 Views)
You don't understand arrays and you don't understand the dynamic data type required for the Write to Measurement File. You are simply putting the tick count as the first element of a 1D array. You convert that to dynamic data. That becomes a single channel of data which is clearly seen on the text file - the first row is the tick count. There is no t0 or dt on the dynamic data which is why the default timing in the file is 1 second. I'm not sure what you want on the file. There is only a single tick count so do you want that value in each row? How are you going to use the tick count? Do you care about the rollover?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,733 Views)

HI

yes you are right - I didn't know which name to take and so I chose this one. But I don't have a lot of experience and got the task last week to get this in a measurement file and worked 2 hours on it. SO I can not really understand it.

What I want is (like in my example file) a kind of a timestamp in my file that tells me after which period of time the measurement was made.

I saw the first row but it always gave me back 0. Do I have to get the ticker out of the two loops?

I want the value of the tick in every measurement from the beginning of the measurement until I stop it. That would be perfect. What do I need to do? change int to dbl ? It would be enough if there would be a 0 but e.g. 0,003 s in the first measurement, 0,005 ir whatever in the second measurement,... see the file.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,677 Views)
What is the device you are communicating with? You are calling some SD subVIs that are unknown. Is the int period control a dt value? If so, you can use the Build Waveform function. Use that instead of the build array by passing it a timestamp for t0 and a period in seconds for dt. The dbl array you have would be the y array input of it. The waveform data type would then be passed to the Write to Measurement File.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,645 Views)

It is a Line sensor. I didn't write the program, it was done by the manufacturer. Actually I only wanted to add this timestamp in this existing program. That's why I don't know if it is a dt value or not?

I don t really understand what you mean exactly. I can try to use this build waveform and see what happens. Would it be helpful for you to get the whole file?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,632 Views)
It would helpful if you could answer my questions, especially about the period front panel control.

The Write to Measurement File creates a file of a quite specific format. Inside the dynamic data that it normally receives is a start time (t0) and the dt (time between samples). The start time is written to the header and each row shows relative time based on the dt. The build waveform would provide the t0 but there is no easy way that I know of to get this value to repeat on each row with the Write to Measurement File. It may be possible but I don't use express functions so that its why I don't know.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,619 Views)

Thank you for your answer Dennis.

At the moment I'm not in the laboratory but I will have a look for your question as soon as possible. May it help you if I send you the .vi file? I will give my best to find this out asap.

What exactly do you mean by "int period control" ? Which part of the block diagram?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,593 Views)

Thanks for your help - it really worked out. THe only thing is it is counting x0 to the x values but hey - I can calculate that 🙂 

Thanks 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,578 Views)