LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout expired before operation completed - VISA / GPIB

Hello,

I am attempting to communicate with a Tektronix Spectrum Analyzer (RSA 6120A) using VISA to control GPIB commands.  My goal is to set a center frequency, frequency span, bandwidth, reference marker, and read the peak amplitude at the center frequency.

I have been successful in writing commands to the instrument, but am having issues reading the value of the marker amplitude.  My routine dwells on the VISA write block until it times out yielding the following error: -1073807339  Timeout Expired Before Operation Completed. 

I have already tried to increase the time in which the command waits until it times out, but it still gives an error and no value.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure it out and was hoping that anyone had any suggestions of how to make this thing work.  I have attached a large picture showing every step of the VI and have circled in red the area in which it gives me problems.

Thanks!

Johnathon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,594 Views)

Why aren't you using the driver for the instrument? Have you tried doing an error query of the instrument to see why it is not responding?

Stacked sequence structures, locals, and constants wired to the termination terminal are pretty bad style elements.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,588 Views)