From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timed User Event Best Practice

Hi,

This is my first use of Labview Events. I started with Custom User Event example as it seemed to cleanly support both front panel menu buttons and my timed measurement events.

I have started trying to implement the attached state diagram and it seems to transition correctly from state to state and be responsive to my edited buttons. However, I have noticed that if servicing event takes longer than the timed events, they queue up and are serviced in a burst. I read that this is to be expected.

I guess that blocking the timers when I am servicing an event would be a solution? Could someone please advise how I should best do this? Also how can I selectively block front panel events while I am servicing the timers? The front panel does not have to be responsive while a measurement is taking place, but it would be nice to respond to Quit.

Thanks very much for your advice,
Struggling Newbie
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,141 Views)
I forgot the attachment.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,140 Views)