cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timed Structure

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey everyone!

I have a while loop that needs to be timed, meaning i want to allow it to run only 10 seconds and if the boolean connected to it haven't gotten"TRUE" and i want to quit and make a case structure that will get whether the while loop ended within these 10 seconds or not (and do different actions based on that).

I have thought of using the timed structure but I dont really understand how to use it.

You guys (or gals) have any suggestion? 

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,720 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DannyShulman

If you are not going to use LV RT (e.g. cRIO, PXI) for this, you shouldn't use a timed loop.

A simple while loop using some timing functionality ("Elapsed Time") is the way to go.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 5
(2,715 Views)

Won't the "ELAPSED TIME" get re-set each running of the loop?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,712 Views)

I don't work with the express VI. So i am not sure, but i think it resets only after the desired time elapsed (if you configure it like that).

You can also implement similar functionality yourself quite easily as the express VI might possibly not work for you. But you will only know, if you try it out.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 4 of 5
(2,707 Views)

Thanks, it works good!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,702 Views)