From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timed Loop: "Frame Duration" problem

Hi

I am practicing with "timed loop" block. In a simple vi with a timed while loop with 2 frames, I want to check each frame run time.

I used an indicator for frame duration output of each loop frames. But I didn't get any out on them, just 0 it returned.

Would you please guide me on this issue?

Many thanks

1.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,913 Views)

The Frame Duration is how long it took the code in the previous frame to run, not including the waiting for the time to wait before starting the next frame.  See this variation.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,905 Views)
Yes, you are right. So which frame output nodes will return me exact time spent for each frames? I want just to check precise timing of loop and frames.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,895 Views)

I think you are just going to have to subtract the Actual Start times to get what you want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(2,863 Views)