LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timed Loop not starting on PFI-0 Trigger

I currently have a VI set up so when a pulse train starts, I want to start recording on my digitizer. I have my pulse source (CTR0) feeding back into my PFI0, which is working to trigger my DAQ AI0 as well. The DAQ is working fine useing PFI0 as a trigger source, but whne i hook up PFI0 as a source for my timed loop, it seems to just not even attempt to run. Im including a VI to see what Im talking about if you are able to run it, but hopfully you can tell whats wrong in the first place. I believe i have everyhting set up correctly, but it just simply wont trigger.

What Im trying to do in the whole application itself is to start the pulse train, then start reading chunks of data at a high resolution to try and sample at
random points over a second of time. I would do one entire second but it takes extremly long and kills my RAM, so if you know of a better way to do this let me know as well.

Thank you veyr much,
-Mark
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,277 Views)
Hello,

At this point, I am not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish. However, I can help you use the timed loop if you would like to. I have attached an example that uses the counter from a DAQ board in order to time a loop. However, I would like to point out that if random samples are what you would like, then using a wait until next ms VI should be as good as a timed loop with hardware signals. Also, you might want to look at using some of the other types of timing, such as Signal from Task, which you can find by left-clicking on Frequency in the example VI.

Take a look at this method and let me know what questions you have.

Best regards,

Justin T.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,277 Views)