From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time zone on a sbRIO (VxWorks)

I'm running a sbRIO 9606 (VxWorks 6.3, LabVIEW 2011 SP1).

I want to set the timezone of the sbRIO, because I need the correct date and time as a string locally on the target.

According to the system configuration API (MAX or web configuration on target) I should be able to set an offset of e.g. UTC+5:30 (indian timezone).

According to this thread it should be possible to set any offset to UTC like +2h 13 minutes, quote:

So, if I wanted to have a timezone that was 2 hours and 13 minutes behind GMT, I could use this:
        RTTarget.TimeZone="DAN-2:13"

Well I tried both, but the minutes are NOT taken care of, i.e.

- changing the timezone to india (5:30 offset), the offset is just 5 hours.

- changing the timezone to the example above "DAN-2:13", the offset is 2 hours to UTC.

Checked this by running this VI on the RT-Target:

Image01.png

Is it a bug of a feature?

Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,689 Views)

Dear jg69,

From looking at the forum you linked, my impression is that it says the VxWorks operating systems cannot do minute adjustment. I am looking at the solution post where it says: "Unfortunately, your documentation is correct - VxWorks based controllers do not have the ability to set automatic DST adjustment rules.  However, PharLap-based controllers (including the cRIO-9002 / cRIO-9004 and cRIO-9081 / cRIO-9082 controllers) can do this."

To verify this I try it out with two different cRIOs which are the same architecture as a sbRIO and I fail also so change the minutes.

So I'm sorry but it’s not possible to do this on a VxWorks based Controller like the most cRIOs and all sbRIOs.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,600 Views)

I am using cRIO 9014, 9025 and 9023. Time zone is an issue for my application. From the discussion above, my feeling is that I can set time zone on VxWorks but not the DST. Is that true?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,523 Views)