From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time string writing extra zeroes to my text file

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using the get time/data and format date/time string to write a running log of my while loop time while my program is running. The problem is the text file has the time  written in this format: 12:26:13 -0.000000, where did these zeroes come from and how do i remove them? If i hook up an indicator to the time strring output I do not see them only the time but there it is written once i open up the file.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,376 Views)
Solution
Accepted by labview12110

Assuming you are viewing the file in Excel, it will choose a format to display a date/time field (not necessarily the format you desire).  If you open the file in a text editor, it will probably be displayed as you told it to be displayed. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 2 of 4
(2,368 Views)

nevermind i totally missed that a tab and was adding my next string value to this one.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,363 Views)

What format string are you using?

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,352 Views)