LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time stamp for all data points in waveform issue

I assumed it was a waveform chart/graph that the timestamp was not correct. The build wave form cluster function does not require t0 or  dt to be connected. But if you do not set these values, your wave form is just an array of samples that has no start time or the time between samples. I think there is a misunderstanding use of an x-y graph and a waveform chart /graph

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(383 Views)

Remember you can not use property nodes in a real time data aquistion (real time OS)  so you must  set t0 and dt for your waveform to indicate the correct date/time and number of samples for your waveform.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(374 Views)

@matt198717 wrote:

okay,

maybe trying to get the time stamp in absolute time is just a bad path to take.  I basically would like to be able to store the time stamp with the data collected and with a header and column headers, then be able to open it in excel.  I can use the write to text file option well and the write to measurement file vi., but im not very good with any other methods. 

Would trying to use the easy excel table be the next best option.  I tried writing to using tdms, but i just get numbers and symbols when i open the file in excel.

You'll need to have the TDM Excel Add-In for Microsoft Excel installed if you want to open a TDMS file in Excel: http://www.ni.com/example/27944/en/

Right click on the file, then select Open With >> Excel Importer

Alternatively, you can use the built in TDMS File Viewer, which can be found in the same palet as the other TDMS functions.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(369 Views)

Thank you.  I will give that a try.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(361 Views)
And for text files, both Write to Measurement File and Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet will create a time column from just t0 and dt.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(350 Views)