LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time base for a set of values

Hi,

i have a set of values (0-359). According to each interval i have to give the each set of value (0-359) to trigonometric functions. i am setting the interval. Is there a way for it?. Can i use cluster(for set of values) and timer for the interval?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,418 Views)
Where did these values come from? If the data is formatted as a waveform, you can set the t0, as well as the dt -- assuming the interval between values is constant.

I don't understand the question about the timer. Are you generating an output waveform? The problem with timers is that you have the latency of Windows getting in the way of deterministic timing.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 8
(3,394 Views)

No i am not generating any waveform. i am entering these values (0-359) . it is an angle degrees. corresponding to each degree of angle i need to get the sin/cosine of the angle what i am giving. the interval can be (1/360), (10/360). by these interval values i need to increment the angle degrees. then i want generate the sine/cosine of that angle.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,382 Views)
I don't understand where a timer would be involved. Have you looked at the Ramp Pattern function?
Message 4 of 8
(3,370 Views)

i am incrementin the angle by some intervals, instead for the incrementing purpose can i use timer for that.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,354 Views)
If you want to increment every x number of milliseconds, use the Wait (ms) function. If you want to increment x number of degrees, then you use the Ramp Pattern to create the array and a for loop.
Message 6 of 8
(3,330 Views)

Thanks Mr.Dennis_Knutson,

Can you help me how to use the ramp pattern to create the array and a for loop. Can you give me an example

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,261 Views)
Just read the context help for the function. You have two options for the pattern.

An array that is passed into a for loop will be automatically indexed, one element at a time. This is something covered in basic LabVIEW tutorials.
Message 8 of 8
(3,242 Views)