LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time and date from an atomic clock

This post (Duplicate post) allowed me to read the value of TAI from a web site. I was making a mistake in the reading process that I found thanks for the example that was provide as an answer. My mistake was that in stead of being parsing the html doc. I was trying to use "getAttribute" functions. So using this I could read the time and charge it in the device. Until this point everything was working properly.

However, to try to be "more accurate", in stead of reading any value of the TAI, I decided to set the new value of the clock of the device at the moment that the atomic clock started to count a new second. So I did a polling compering two consecutive reads of the web site just to know when the change of second took place. However this function took my PC a lot (and the worse problem was that sometimes it took it more than others, so it was really inaccurate) and I tried a new approach: synchronized the system clock and read that value (it is quicker to read a value from my computer than from a web site).

With that last post I wanted to be sure that Get Date/Time in Seconds uses the system clock (and therefore the output value is going to be almost the same that the value of the TAI of a web site), and also I would like to know the opinion of expert people about the polling technique that I am using or if for them it makes sense the fact that the approach reading from the web site had that timing mistake.

So far I have try synchronizing the clock of the system (and keep the polling technique) and the first results seem to be reasonable. Let see looking more carefully

Thanks

1000a

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(365 Views)