From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Delayed reading for thermistor

Hi,

I am extremely new to labview and struggling with this program. I am trying to take a thermistor resistance reading at one point and then take the average of the reading for 2 mins afterward and compare the two values to see if they are within a certain criterion. My problem is right now that my current program seems to be only taking the original reading for both of them and I am not sure what is wrong. I have tried moving various parts of the program in and out of the timed structure but with little to no avial. Any suggestion?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,454 Views)

You don't seem to understand the dataflow principle of LabVIEW. 

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

You take a thermistor reading then pass that into two timed while loops that do the same thing over and over acting on the value that comes into the loop.

Why are you using a timed while loop at all, then using wait statements inside the loops?  And why do you have a 120,000 msec wait in the one loop.  It will take 1200 seconds, or 20 minutes to iterate once.  And since it only stops when i=1, that loop will run twice for a total of 40 minutes.

If you want to take repeated measurements, then that needs to be in the loop.

Message 2 of 3
(2,444 Views)

Please ensure your attached VI is backward compatible for labview version 14

Best Regards,
Dhans 😉
Kudos are welcome 😉
Aspirant Labview Programmer (Labview 14) 😉
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,393 Views)