From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticks Values on both axis sides on CWGraph 3D

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I use 3D Surface.vi to plot 3D surface in CWGraph3D Control. I have set View Direction Towards X-Y Plane (above view). I am able to ensure to have Ticks on both sides of axes, however I don't know how to duplicate Ticks value labels as well (see attachment).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,660 Views)

-I didn't understand exactly what you meant by duplicate Tick value labels.

-If you meant the Caption you can enable the checkmark at Opposite.

3D_Y_Opposite.png

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,636 Views)

Hello Uday,

thanks a lot for your reply.

By "Tick value labels" I mean the numbers (i.e. "0.00, 2.50, 5,00, 7.50, 10.00" in your picture). Duplicating of title "Y" is not necessary (and even not wanted).
My menu in LabVIEW 2013 is slighty different (see attachment), however I have observed that checking and unchecking Visibility in Axes->Label tab do what I meant (i.e. make visible/unvisible the numbers).
However, this works fine for Opposite axes only in 3D view (see attachment 3DVIEW). When I enforce view from above (by checking Towards X-Y plane in View Direction in Graph->3D tab), the Opposite axes captions and labels somehow dissapear. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,595 Views)

-You are right menu is different because it is different control 3D graph 😞
-Could you please enable Opposite in Ticks Tab also and check?

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,590 Views)

-I had them already checked.

-Could I ask which control do you use? I have found yet 3D Surface (3D Plot Datatype.lvclass) in LabVIEW 2013, which has again different Menu in comparison with your control but the same bad behavior in Towards X-Y plane View Direction as my original CW3DGraphLib.CWGraph3D control.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,585 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mavlc
-Sorry i didn't mention the details. It is in LabVIEW 2015 and i believe it requires Full Development System
-https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/lvpage/3d_graph_properties_db/
Thanks
uday
Message 6 of 8
(3,580 Views)

Finally, I have found your control in Pallete as Modern->Graph->3D Graph->Surface Graph in LabVIEW 2013. It seems, that this one handles axes labels in Towards X-Y Plane View Direction in way I expected.
Now, I only have to think if I need this feature so much to change whole my code in order to use 3D Graph control instead of CWGraph 3D :/.
In each case, thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,574 Views)

Hello,

I am very sorry that I am opening the topic again but I've started to play with 3D Graph Control a little bit and unfortunately I am not 100% satisfied with this control again.
Finally, I am able to duplicate ticks labels in Towards X-Y Plane View Direction on both axes. However, I can't see the ticks themselves by use of this 3D Graph (they lie under the graph surface). In CWGraph3D control which I used before it was possible to set drawing Ticks Outside the graph (see attachment). Isn't there any similar settings by 3D Graph Control as well?

Please apologize that I am so demanding on graph appearance but I would like to generate many graphs in future and I don´t want to adjust each of them in external graphical editor. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Martin 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,531 Views)